Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You again, Favre?

Why do you play with us, Brett? Let me preface this by saying I love Brett Favre and I think that in his time he was one of the best. But I really think he runs the risk of ruining or at least severly damaging his legacy. Remember MJ's semi-failed experiment with the Wizards? This is like Brett's second one of those, except he did way worse the first time with the Jets. Speaking of which, he was awful with the Jets. Sure, they started off well, but did anyone see towards the end? It was a disaster. The impression I walked away with was he still has that boyish passion for the game, and the guts that go along with that passion for better or worse. What he doesn't have anymore, however, is the arm strength. When there is that gutsiness and no arm, you're looking at a lot of interceptions, a lot of headaches, and a lot of wasted money.

Brett, we all love you. You're one of those guys who no one can hate, but it's time. You've done it all. Be thankful for the opportunity you've had, and for the opportunities you'll have in the front office of the Packers in the future, and move on with your life.

--Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment