This week, an article came out on Scout.com's Tennessee site. The article's clear "evidence" was that after Oregon lost Chris Harper and Bryce Brown, they figured they could kill two birds with one stone and get both of them, as they would both be affected by the supposed infraction that occurred in 2006. The controversy centers around campus trips to different college campuses, more specifically how the money was raised to go on those trips.
The article ended with something along the lines of "Clearly, there is evidence to suggest that this was the doing of the Oregon Ducks." What a ridiculous statement. Unless I missed the second half of the article, there is absolutely nothing to suggest Oregon did anything wrong. It's this kind of writing that really makes me miss the days when journalists had editors to check their work for facts, rather than just going on what is the sexiest thing. I don't really care what Tennessee fans think of us as Duck fans, because, well, they're not on our level right now. I am concerned, however, about possible recruiting implications down the road.
At the end of the day, I think the most important thing is to win football games, and keep our noses clean on the violation end, which I think we've done really well so far. We're already in on several top prospects, including making the top 5 of this year's #1 RB, Marcus Lattimore.
For those of you who have a Scout subscription, here is the link to the article.
4 Days everybody!
Go Ducks!!
--Sam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment